INTJ Sarcasm

Sarcasm


INTJ Sarcasm

As you may know from reading this blog, I have a question and answer section. One of the questions I received on the system I believe requires its separate post. 

Question:  Hello, I am a female INTJ. What I'm curious about is why is it when I meet another INTJ, we rarely get along? Every conversation almost always ends up being a sarcasm or subtle insult battle, which, while fun, isn't the best way to make friends.

Answer:  My answer to this question may lack a strong foundation due to the absence of background information provided about this question. However, I will do my best to offer an answer. First, I do want to remind you that you are claiming to be an INTJ. Assuming you have a general idea of what that means, you shouldn't be surprised when you meet someone of the same personality and be shocked when they exhibit some of the very same characteristics that you display regularly. The primary factor you seem to be addressing here is sarcasm. As an INTJ myself, I "struggle" with not bringing sarcasm into my daily conversations. I caution myself from doing so because many times people I interact with cannot understand the level of sarcasm I am using. When, on the rare occasion, I find someone that can comprehend that level of sarcasm I will wholeheartedly engage them. When you encounter these instances and you see the conversation heading in a direction you don't want it to, attempt to introduce a different topic or change the conversational tone of the conversation. The memes below I believe provide an adequate expression of my thoughts on sarcasm through artistic representation. 








Comments

  1. I have an INTJ cousin, and he's older than me (I'm an INTJ too) we normally spend a lot of time with he teaching me about Math, Physic and stuff... Sorry for bad english...
    And yeah, sometimes I don't use sarcasm because the person will probably don't understand it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to restrain myself at times for that exact reason!

      Delete
  2. I am an intj too, but I actually hardly ever make sarcastic comments! It's mostly because when I was little, people that made sarcastic comments around me made it so obvious that they were being sarcastic so I would inwardly ask, 'Why not say what you mean?' I grew to hate sarcasm but recently, I have discovered its joys, just that most people don't understand what I am really trying to say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

INTJs and Texting

INTJ Memes, Humor, and Other (Part 1)

The INTJ Death Stare